Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Taking Eve by Iris Johansen

I must say that I love Eve Duncan. She is a character in a series by Iris Johansen. Last year she put out 3 books in a row about Eve Duncan that had to do with the finale of Eve finding the killer of her daughter. I was worried that once Eve found her daughter's killer, that the Eve Duncan series would just dwindle away to nothing.

Excitingly enough for me, the first book of 3 that she had coming out this year about Eve Duncan was AWESOME! She left Taking Eve as a total cliffhanger. The next book comes out in 3 weeks and I'm already calculating how far down the library wait list I am to get the second book after it comes out. I think it's far! =(



The Eve Duncan series is in the mystery genre. I can honestly say that I can't recall an Eve Duncan book that hasn't kept me interested the whole way through. Eve is a forensic sculptor and the story of the loss of her daughter is a very engaging one. This book is definitely worth reading. But if you've never read a book in the Eve Duncan series, you should definitely go back and start at the beginning. It would definitely be worth your while. I wonder what others think about the Eve Duncan series?

3 comments:

  1. Alissa, your blog makes me want to read this today. I am intrigued and excited to have your recommendation. I will let you know how I like it. This will definitely go on my reading list this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for posting on "Taking Eve." I'm reading mysteries for my Reluctant Reader Me project, and this is an excellent addition to my list. I've never heard of this series before. You recommended starting with the first book in the series. What is it? Also, can you suggest an age group for the series?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. =( Not a children's book. It's an adult series. Sorry. But I love mysteries and might be able to think of some YA or children's ones. Let me know! And SO envious that Elmhurst is YOUR library. Miss that place so much...

    ReplyDelete