Saturday, June 15, 2013

Library thoughts...

Libraries! 
I love to meander through libraries and explore what each one has to offer. Since I've become a parent, what I look for has changed slightly now that I have other people to please besides myself. 

So now, instead of looking for a comfy couch to settle into, I have to look at the little joys from the eyes of a child:
Can I find books? Are there pretty/funny/adventurous/colorful things to look at? What can I get into? Are there computers? Are there animals to entertain me? WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME?!?!? 

Good thing I love books for ALL ages. Let the fun begin...

4 comments:

  1. Alissa, I am waiting to hear about all your library journeys! Upon getting a library card at my new local library (I did not get one since moving here two years ago), I was so excited to see the Apps that I could access and the all the technology that I can use from belonging to the library. Did you know you could download audiobooks from your tablet or phone?!? I had no idea and was so excited to use audiobooks on my long drives to work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know about audiobooks! I will have to look into that. Do you go to the Batavia Library? That is one that I have not been to. Maybe I will have to take a trip this summer... But go to my new post and you can print out all those pamphlets yourself! Or just save them to your computer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you seen all of the book sales that are going on at different libraries this summer? I just stopped at one this past Thursday in Geneva. All used, hardcover books were a dollar and I got a whole bunch. Here is a website that lists a bunch of them if you are interested in going with your kids... http://www.booksalefinder.com/IL.html. If you scroll down you can see the months and locations listed on the left.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unfortunately, I am slightly addicted to those book sales. So you know, there is an AWESOME one at the Algonquin library the weekend of July 18th. All children's books are 25 cents! That's probably where most of my classroom library books have come from.

    ReplyDelete